First Post

First post. I'm Madeleine Crofts and I'm a writer from Coburg in Melbourne, Victoria. I recently completed a Bachelor of Arts (French and Creative Writing) at Melbourne University. I have a boyfriend of 6 years, 3 sisters and lovely friends. I work full-time as a teacher's assistant.

I run a creative writing workshop at the City Library every second Wednesday from 6pm - 7.30pm. It is an exercise based workshop, informally run and designed to be non-hierachical. All welcome.

I've made this blog in response to the weekend I just spent at the Emerging Writers' Festival in which almost every speaker referred to the importance of having an online presence generally and a blog more specifically.

I've had one story published in Voiceworks magazine and hope to have more published this year. I mostly write fiction, literary non-fiction and hope to start writing some poetry as well.

I'm looking for a writers' group to join, preferably free and preferably close to home. I think I need to attend a more workshopping based workshop as well as the exercise based one I run. If you know of any please let me know!

I will post writing that I'm currently working on, responses to creative writing exercises and ideas about writing.

2 comments :: First Post

  1. Good luck with the blog Madeleine. Glad to see you enjoyed the festival, and that you are taking up the advice that was given to you. All the best :)

  2. Hey Sarah thanks so much for the comment, your encouragement means a lot!

Post a Comment